Analysis “The Hindu Vocabulary” For All Competitive Exams
1. DISCERNMENT (NOUN): perception:(समझ)
Synonyms: acumen, understanding
Antonyms: ignorance, stupidity
Tact is skill in touching; nice perception or discernment in dealing with others.
2. NARCISSISM (NOUN): egotism:(अहंकार)
Synonyms: arrogance, selfishness
Antonyms: shyness, timidity
Narcissism is a result of stunted growth and of childhood abuse.
3. MUTINY (NOUN): resistance:(विद्रोह)
Synonyms: defiance, insurrection
Antonyms: calm, peace
This was a clear case of mutiny, and the only one in which I was ever implicated
4. SABOTAGE (NOUN): damage:(तोड़-फोड़)
Synonyms: vandalism, disruption
Antonyms: fidelity, loyalty
The sabotage of the Preliminary had been
the first local step in that direction.
5. PROTRUDE (VERB): stick out:(निकला हुआ होिा)
Synonyms: extrude, extend
Antonyms: shrink, sink
She had no flesh left; her bones seemed to protrude through the skin.
6. RECEDE (VERB): withdraw:(पीछे हटिा)
Synonyms: abate, regress
Antonyms: increase, extend
The Cabinet will recede more and more from our principles, our party.
7.WANTON (ADJECTIVE): extravagant:(आिारा)
Synonyms: lustful, outrageous
Antonyms: good, moral
Between 1868 and 1872 they added ten millions by wanton extravagance to the State debt.
8. NULLIFY (VERB): cancel:(प्रभािहीि करिा)
Synonyms: revoke, abolish
Antonyms: approve, allow
Fortunately, the attempt to nullify its/benefits proved ineffectual.
9. ALIGN (VERB): line up:(पंक्ततबद्ध करिा)
Synonyms: array, adjust
Antonyms: disorder, mess up
Similar instruction is given the troopers in aligning themselves to the left.
10. GRAPPLE (VERB): grab:(भभड़ जािा)
Synonyms: confront, cope
Antonyms: release, let go
Every blood-vessel was striving to grapple with the present.