1. The Reserve Bank of India has reduced the repo rate by 25 basis points to 5.75 per cent from 6.0 per cent in its second Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Review of 2019-20.
Current Policy Rates are-
Repo Rate- 5.75%
Reverse Repo Rate- 5.50%
Bank Rate- 6.00%
2. Google’s CEO Sundar Pichai and NASDAQ president Adena Friedman have been chosen for the prestigious Global Leadership Awards 2019.
3. Finance Minister of Uttarakhand, Prakash Pant has passed away. He was 59.
4. IT major Wipro will acquire US-based International TechneGroup Incorporated for $45 million (around ₹312 crore).
5. Indian junior women’s hockey team clinched the Cantor Fitzgerald U-21 International 4-Nations title after beating Ireland at Dublin.
6. Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das inaugurated the Haj House in Ranchi.
7. Sunil Chhetri became the most capped India player surpassing Bhaichung Bhutia’s 107 international matches.
8. Veteran actor and theatre legend Dinyar Contractor passed away. He was 79.
9. According to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), foreign direct investment in services sector grew 36.5 per cent to 9.15 billion US dollars in 2018-19 fiscal year.
10. China has nominated a former Hong Kong police chief Andy Tsang Wai-hung to lead the UN Office on Drugs and Crime.
11.The Reserve Bank of India has done away with the charges levied on fund transfers through RTGS and NEFT and has set up a Committee to review the charges levied on the use of ATMs by the public. These decisions were announced by the RBI as part of its measures to deepen and broaden the financial markets.
12.The Government reconstituted eight key cabinet committees under the Transaction of Business Rules. The newly sworn-in Home Minister Amit Shah has been included in all the recently reconstituted eight cabinet committees.
13.RBI’s Second Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2019-20 reduces the policy Repo Rate under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) to 5.75 percent from 6 percent. Know the key highlights of the RBI Policy statement here!.
14.The General Awareness Section plays an important role in scoring well above cut off marks in any competitive exam. The Banking Awareness and Static Awareness questions asked in the General Awareness Section are based on Current Affairs mainly. So you need to prepare well this section to score good marks. Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
15.India Test Fires Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile From Chandipur in Odisha .
16.Government Reconstitutes 8 Cabinet Committees.
17.Russia Launches 1st Arctic Train Service.
18.Static/Current Takeaways Important For LIC AAO Mains 2019: