1. Cabinet has cleared a special scheme for controlling foot and mouth diseases of animals. This disease is common amongst cow-bulls, buffaloes, sheep, goats and pigs. 13,343 crore rupees is to be allocated to eradicate the disease in five years.
2. Centre approved a new scheme called Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana.This is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme for all small and marginal farmers across the country.The beneficiaries should be in the age group of 18 to 40 years.
3. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has appointed Flipkart founder Sachin Bansal as its independent director.
4. Cabinet approved a proposal to extend the benefit of Rs 6,000 per year under the PM-KISAN scheme to all farmers in the country.
5. According to FICCI survey, India’s GDP growth rate is projected to 7.1 per cent for the Financial year 2019-20.
6. Tanzania is banning the importation, production, sale and use of plastic bags.It becomes the 34th African country to implement such restrictions, according to the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP).
7. Six Indian-origin students have won the prestigious 2019 Scripps National Spelling Bee.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the hike in rates of scholarship under National Defence Fund. Rates of scholarship enhanced from 2000 rupees per month to 2500 rupees per month for boys and from 2250 rupees per month to 3000 rupees per month for girls.