Daily Current Affairs & GK for All Competitive Examination 26-04-2019
1. The Reserve Bank of India has exited the National Housing Bank (NHB) and the National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (Nabard), by selling its entire stakes to government for Rs 1,450 crore and Rs 20 crore, respectively, making them fully government-owned now.
3. Indian Coast Guard Ship C-441 has been commissioned at Vizhinjam harbour.
5. A Pakistani journalist, Cyril Almeida has won the World Press Freedom Hero award of The International Press Institute (IPI) for his “critical” and “tenacious coverage” of the civil-military relations in Pakistan.
6. All India Radio, Publication Division and Children’s Film Society of India were given Swacchta Pakhwada Awards-2019 in New Delhi.
7. Abu Dhabi International Book Fair and the India Pavilion was inaugurated by UAE’s Deputy Prime Minister Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
8. The world’s first malaria vaccine RTS-S has been launched in the African nation Malawi.
9. Legendary Indian tennis player Vijay Amritraj, former Test cricketer V V Kumar and Asian Games gold medalist R Gnanasekaran would be honoured with lifetime achievement awards by the Tamil Nadu Sports Journalists’ Association (TNSJA).